Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Mother Can Always Get Revenge!



I resigned myself long ago to the fact that I will never be awarded any prizes for my photography. But you'd think I could take at least one decent shot of each of my kids while they were here over Christmas.

No, in every case eyes were closed or at half-mast, mouth pulled sideways or hanging open, or I caught the top of a head as they looked down.

My camera doesn't take what I want it to, it waits about half a second and then takes what it wants. This is fine for landscapes and sleeping cats, not so good for spontaneous photos of one's ever-active chilluns, unless you want the relatives to look at said pictures and say, "I'm glad ours didn't turn out looking like that!".

But we're holed up recovering from Christmas and New Years, and I was digging through a box looking for something else when I found, in an envelope, a series of photos of our younger son, Zak, back when he was a rock star, playing with a band with the improbable name of Marry Me Lisa

I'm trying to remember the year, maybe 1993 - 1994. Doesn't he look cute in that grumpy face? Heck that was his face, from the time he was born until he .... geez, until last week. hehehe I'm told he's a very charming man now. I taught him that. At least that's my excuse for being grumpy now, "I gave my charm to the kid. He needed it for work."

Wow, lot of water under the bridge in those years! Is this the time for a long walk down memory lane, dragging you kicking and screaming behind me? No, I didn't think so either.

I have some other fish to fry - old Texas idiom for "I got stuff to do". So I'll go do that thang.

No comments: