Saturday, August 24, 2013

Every Breath, New Chances

If you can't see the embedded video, click on the PBS link. Blogger is being weird about videos.

We age, we are faced with it on a daily basis. The only way to escape growing older is to die young, which is not much of an option. This brings to mind the Plum Village Chant I have in the sidebar, which I find such a comfort day after day:

I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.

I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change.

There is no way to escape being separated from them.

My actions are my only true belongings.

I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.

My actions are the ground upon which I stand.

from: The Plum Village Chanting, by Thich Nhat Hanh

1 comment:

Linda P. said...

Thank you for this link