Friday, September 27, 2013

I Never Do this...

Grannymar had one of those ten question memes on her blog and I never do those but as yesterday's post was about 10 tons of depressing, I decided it wouldn't ache me to lighten up dudette!

Her ten questions were:

  1. Your day so far, tell us about it in no more than ten words.
    Woke, ached, coffee, brekkie, pills, called pharmacy, called dr's office.
  2. Who is your Hero?
    Helen Keller, overcame being blind and deaf and didn't give in to self-pity.
  3. Describe yellow.
    Ox-eye daisy
  4. I’d walk a mile for ________.
    The ability to walk a mile.
  5. Close your eyes, open a dictionary, and point to a word. Does your word mean anything special to you?

    I don't even own a paper dictionary anymore, grabbed the closest book, closed eyes, opened it, put finger on word. Word is nothing.

    Does it mean anything special to me?
    Well, it's a start.
  6. A song you can’t escape.
    Dave Carter's When I go See: All your diamond tears will rise up
  7. In five years, will it matter?
    Probably not, but every every little action of the common day makes or unmakes character ...
  8. On a Wednesday, what is your routine?
    I do not live a routine life.
  9. For dinner tonight, what would you like to eat?
    Greek salad
  10. Who was the last person you spoke to?
    My husband, who managed to fall out of bed last night and wedge his head between the nightstand and his garbage can. Since he can't simply get up off the floor we had to work to get him turned around, and maneuver him to the end of the bed so I could help him lift himself onto the bed. This is hard work when you're laughing as hard as we were. Having few working leg muscles is the pits. That old commercial, "I've fallen and I can't get up!" it's a reality around here, for both of us. Thankfully he's unhurt except for a bruised and cut up forehead.

Feel free to carry on, keep the meme going. Answer these questions, or the ten posted on The Other Side of Sixty

3 comments:

Grannymar said...

I like your take on the questions. I hope your world is a little brighter today.

Deb said...

Hi Grannymar,

Hunky dory. Do you use that phrase in Ireland? :)

We celebrated life by not falling out of bed overnight. You'd have to know us. Falling down is our hobby. Mostly we bounce because we are padded in all the right spots. LOL

Hello from Canada!

Grannymar said...

I have a habit of 'ground kissing', usually outside in the street. Some of these falls have resulted in injury that required visits A&E/ER. So I feel your pain.

Otherwise life is Hunky-dory - Yes, I am very familiar with that saying.