Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Did I Sleep Through Paris?

It was that kind of day. It was a Tuesday and yet all day long I thought it was Monday. I have no idea where Monday went. Do other people lose entire days without so much as an eye blink?

I only realized it was in fact, Tuesday, when I said to Tony as I put tonight's dinner in the oven at 7:10 that tomorrow night's dinner would have to be earlier since I had arranged to talk to SM on Tuesday at 7:00. He looked at me and said, "This is Tuesday."

Well, if this is Tuesday this would be Paris, and for the life of me I can't see the Eiffel Tower, a corner cafe or anyone who looks like a Vogue model out the window, so he can't be right. SHI&. How do you lose an entire day?

Whatever I did on Monday whipped my butt, and as I write this it's vaguely pulling itself apart from Sunday. I picked up a half a dozen items at Sobey's, got $ from the ATM, washed the bed linens, vacuumed the floors, scrubbed down the bathroom…. Now I'm remembering why I forgot Monday. I'm too tired to remember it!

This flurry of household activity began when a rare energy wave hit me about 10:00 Sunday night. After sitting wobbly-kneed all day my attack suddenly lifted and I flew in and cleaned the kitchen, washed down the cupboard fronts, scrubbed the counters, washed down the table, chairs and hutch, washed the fridge, range hood, stove and dishwasher, wet-dusted all the bookshelves and table surfaces in the living room, and did a load of laundry.

This morning I barely managed to sweep the floors I was so stiff and sore. I have grumped and creaked around all day. But we were both creaky because Tony helped by taking out several loads of garbage, moving furniture so I could vacuum under it, folding clothes and helping make the bed. We had to move some furniture today because we'd bought a new rocker recliner and it was to be delivered on Monday, which got pushed back a day. Maybe that's what had me confused?

 At 11:00 the phone started ringing and rang the entire day. Each time I expected it to be the chair delivery, each time it was either a resident needing help, a sales call, a friend or someone other than the chair man.

Finally at about 1:00 the man with the chair showed up and I am now putting the first of many miles on it. Still, I mustered up the energy to make a fairly complex dinner (for me). It was delicious and we will eat the second half for tomorrow night's dinner. I include the recipe.  

Sweet potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
    2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potato
    1 cup cooked black beans
    1 chicken breast, cut into strips and browned in pan, then diced small
    1 avocado diced
    1 lime
    8 corn tortillas (soft)
    small amount of oil
    1/2 cup Thai Green Chili Curry Sauce
    1 tsp Mrs Dash Herb and garlic seasoning
    1/4 cup grated cheddar or Jack cheese
Mix mashed sweet potato and black beans together, cut open lime, squeeze juice into mix, with a spoon scrape out lime pulp and add to mixture, add Mrs Dash's.

Prepare baking pan by spraying with PAM.

In a hot skillet, cook tortillas one at a time in a few drops of oil just until they are heated through and soft. Transfer tortilla to a plate, spoon a heaping tbs of sweet potato and bean mix down the centre of the tortilla, add diced chicken on top.

Spoon 2 tsp Thai chili sauce on top of fillings, roll tortilla up and place in baking dish. When all are done spoon remaining chili sauce over top, then top with grated cheese.

Place in 350 F oven for 35 minutes. Top each enchilada with diced avocado before serving.

It is after 2:00 am, Wednesday. Pain pills are finally kicking in, I am going to bed.

No comments: