Monday, January 25, 2010

Every Day Should be So Productive!

We woke up to snow this morning, but the sun came out and quickly melted it all away. In the end it was a lovely day outside.

It was one of those rare and wonderful days inside too. I felt really strong and got so much done I am still basking in the glow. I'm already starting to get sore so I know I pushed my limits physically, but I have learned that a good day isn't necessarily followed by another good day, even if you are as careful as someone walking a tightrope over the Niagara Gorge. So while you got it - use it!

I went on a pitch 'n ditch, cleaning out closet, drawers, desk, bookshelves and cubbies. I threw away any clothing which was stained, tatty, faded, or "holey" and reorganized the drawers. Put together a thrift shop box for clothes I'd bought and didn't really like once I got home, and for books, magazines and craft supplies that need to find (other) loving homes.

Cleaned floors, bathroom shelves and drawers, caught up on the laundry, and spent an hour outside cleaning up branches and leaves in the garden. The grape hyacinths that I planted last fall are coming up! Sigh.... I can hardly wait to see those little purple blue flowers.

After dinner I washed the pans, finished loading the DW and ran it, set up the coffee pot for tomorrow and in a few minutes I will do my last chore of the day, which will be to put some pinto beans to soaking so I can make beans for dinner tomorrow night.

There's still plenty to do. I am hoping for a good day tomorrow which will allow me to whip my to-do list into temporary submission. But if I don't get that good day tomorrow I'll still be thrilled with all I was able to get done today.

1 comment:

ItIsMe said...

ah, grape hyacinths. I love them too. They are always early and lovely in their exquisite form of globules. We might get to enjoy our white ones this year if the deer don't eat 'em to quickly.