Friday, March 23, 2012

Like life-giving water...

It's never been my object to go back to the year dot with my genealogy. Some of my lines seem to come to an abrupt dead end in the late 1700s, but while adding documentation to a 7th great-grandmother I discovered her maternal line has been documented, not just by genealogists but by historians, all the way back to 450 AD. Fifteen hundred sixty-two years. That's a heck of a pedigree.

Everyone on earth has a pedigree like that. They may not know their ancestors' names and the places they lived. The struggles they endured may not have been documented, but they are back there all the same. So I found the words from this beautiful video especially poignant;

"We all go back so far. And In this present moment on this day, all the people you meet, all that life from generations and from so many places all over the world flows together and meets you here like life-giving water if you only open your heart and drink."

No comments: